Skip to main content

Trip to James St.


At Cobalt Connects office
Cabalt Connects Presentation
Last Wednesday, my friends and I went to Jackson Mall where Cobalt Connect office there. We were learning many new things related how to find and create resumes for jobs.

Cobalt Connects  Presentation
The left man's name is Jeremy Freiburger, the Cheif Connector and Cultural Strategist, and the right woman's name is Steph Seagram, the Community Connections Lead. She presentation related what is Cobalt Connects and its website: http://cobaltconnects.ca


The Cabalt Connects company is helping to Graphic Design, Photographic, Artist, Animator, and other workers who are looking for and finding their jobs. They join group of media, projects, and helping to create their resumes.


Cabalt Connects Presentation

Both Jeremy and Steph were explaining us what their job and graphic designers' expect jobs. He said most important things and skills are:

- Communication Skill
- Manage time
- Organize and make schedule
- Balance your life. (for example, you need to have both work and luxuriate)
- meet dieline projects
- knowledge related the business

Jeremy said we need to learn what our strength and weak. Therefore, most Graphic Designers need to work together with partner or group.

In fact, the Graphic Designers are usually found their job by through social with people, workshop, meeting clients (known as elevator speak), interview/research graphic design workers' experience, and set up network (such as your website portfolio, facebook, and twitter).

When our graphic design join the group or partner, you would to find someone talent and trust. Sometime, they look for hiring workers as book-keeper, account, and others when they need to do for their project.

One of my friend asked that most company would hire the graphic designer's portfolio includes Motion Graphic. Jeremy said "Yes, most of companies are looking for someone who able to make a motion graphic because more people usually to visit many websites & ads.


Graphic Designers


When consumer called you for meeting, whether it accepts to hire you or not, you must make a "Thank you" greeting card send it. She/he will remember you in the future for longer than sending them in e-mail.

Some thing you need to do:
- Dont forget to respect consumer's time and waiting for meeting.
- Dont forget to research what company product/ service is, and what they expect.
- Dont forget to ask consumer some good questions because you try to show consumer impressed you.
- Dont involve religion or political issues. Keep simple and neutral.
- Be carefully your facebook, twitter and website portfolio, because a employer looked up at your resume and checked your facebook and other social media network.

Finally, When You want to make an appointment with Cobalt Connects (Co3) service, make sure you could bring questions, and portfolio (not require) to show service. Surely, She/he will help you what you need/want to find job or create a resume.




Graphic Designers Graphic Designers


In James St.

There street were very old build and many artists, photography, media, graphic design and others were moved to this area of James St. to establish business. I went to visit many stores and learned new things. I can't believe they were telling story of how to successful business profit, history and product/service. Every summer, there was seven thousands people went to visit this area for an event.

In James St In James St In James St
Harbour Restaurant
Harbour Restaurant

I went to the Harbour Restaurant with my friends. I ordered a seafood, and other friends ordered beef, chicken, cheese, & others. I ate it was not bad, however I prefer to eat any SPICY food. These is part of old traditional and home-made food.


In James St

House paint
Paint colours house with flowers on wall.

In James St Paint Wall
Paint Wall
Restaurant behind painting the wall.

Image doll birds Church Church International flags



At Mixed Media
Movie product and graphic posters.

At Mixed Media At Mixed Media
 The Employer of Mixed Media.



B Contemporary
B Contemporary B Contemporary
I love the modern pictures on the wall. Did you know? The price of four pictures is $3000! I thought it was $500. I think he must be a lucky man.




Stores Humblepie
They are decoration art and recycle. I love kind of old-traditional paint a old wood.

Humblepie
The worker collects old things, while they are trying to recycle and re-design new things.

Humblepie
I like the mirror table.


Humblepie
The employer's name is Susan Edwards, the Owner of Humblepie art store.

Humblepie
The table was old wood and several broken, while Susan fixed this table and replace to new one. Finally, she paint blue and white on this table. I wish I would buy it!


Humblepie

To paint the old clock with toon face.

Visit her website: <a href="http://www.humblepielifestyle.com" rel="nofollow">www.humblepielifestyle.com</a>



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Twirl"

Last week, the word "Twirl" in illustration Friday.com. At first, the spoon star in hot cholocate, although it was not challenge. I decide to draw above here. During research the Ice Dance's body images from Google, I was making the modelling clay into a woman with her body sharp. It was challenge and I took 3 hours to complete it.  I love a beautiful & light blue dress woman skates as the Ice Dance.

"FORWARD"

  I photo the wolves clay before I used them into Photoshop. This is big challenged for me because this word "Forward" can be verity meaning. I was thinking back time when I was high school. In Grade 12, every students and I were focused on exams, marks and projects for making good transcripts.

"Prepare"

Last weekend, I made/cook polymer clay mixed with colour food (through website research), while I was playing and photo these foxes.... it was really FUN! :P At First, I was drawing three different image in a sketch book.